- 1 large organic apple (or 2 small), peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 large organic pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 1 lb. bag frozen organic cherries
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 3 tbsp raw shelled hemp seeds, plus more for topping
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- water or coconut water, as needed
- unsweetened dried cherries, for topping
In a large blender, blend apple, pear, celery, and lemon juice with enough water to roughly combine the ingredients. Add the hemp seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, frozen cherries, and frozen banana. Blend until fully incorporated, adding water as needed. Evenly distribute the smoothie between two 16 oz. jars or glasses (you may have some leftover) and top each smoothie with a teaspoon of hemp seeds and a small handful of dried cherries. Serve.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a day. Serves 2. Enjoy!