- 16 ounces honey roasted or lightly salted roasted peanuts
- 12 to 15 gingersnap-style cookies (speculoos cookies, biscoff cookies, keebler gingersnaps, cinnamon graham crackers, trader joe’s bistro biscuits, kinnikinnick gingersnap cookies, or similar)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup+ white chocolate chips (or 6-8 ounces diced white chocolate or vegan white chocolate chips)
Add peanuts to the canister of a food processor, process on high power until creamy and smooth, about 5 minutes. At the point the peanut butter is runny, continue processing for about 1 to 2 more minutes, making sure the peanut butter is a smooth as desired. Add the ginger cookies, cinnamon, vanilla, and process for 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth and incorporated. I add the cookies whole through the feed tube but if using a weaker or older processor, crumbling the cookies in your hand first and sprinkling them in may prevent your machine from struggling. Add white chocolate and blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Transfer spread into a glass jar or other container with a lid. Store spread either in refrigerator or at room temperature. Note: recipe can be vegan and gluten-free by using regular roasted peanuts rather than honey roasted gingersnaps, and vegan white chocolate. Another option is to make homemade gingersnap or molasses cookies.