- 4 Tbsp jojoba, almond, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp grated beeswax or beeswax pearls
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (or 3 punctured, squeezed out liquid vitamin E capsules)
- 7 drops lavender essential oil (or other essential oil)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (this is optional)
Warm the oils, beeswax and honey in a small, stainless steel pot or bowl. Be sure to warm it on very low heat. (You may use a double boiler if you’d like). Stir until the beeswax is completely melted. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the essential oil, vitamin E, and cocoa powder. Place the bottom of the bowl into a shallow pan of ice water and continue whisking quickly as you add the honey. Once the honey is incorporated, quickly transfer the balm into your lip balm container and allow to set for 3 hours.